This article will explore how to write a great LinkedIn article to drive traffic and engagement.
LinkedIn has evolved beyond just a professional networking platform; it has become a powerful space for content creators to share valuable insights, experiences, and knowledge. Crafting compelling LinkedIn articles is a strategic way to establish thought leadership, build your brand, and connect with your target audience.
In this article, we will explore how to create a great LinkedIn article that not only grab attention but also drive traffic and foster engagement.
1. Catchy Headlines
The first thing that your readers will see is your headline. It’s the gateway to your article, and it needs to be enticing enough to make them click. A catchy headline should:
- Be clear and concise: Avoid vague or ambiguous words that don’t convey what your article is about. Use specific and relevant keywords that match your topic and audience.
- Be intriguing and curiosity-provoking: Use words that spark interest, emotion, or curiosity in your readers. For example, you can use questions, numbers, statistics, quotes, or surprising facts.
- Be benefit-oriented: Show your readers how they will benefit from reading your article. What value will they get? What problem will you solve? What outcome will you help them achieve?
Some examples of catchy headlines are:
- How I Grew My LinkedIn Followers by 10x in 6 Months (And How You Can Too)
- The Ultimate Guide to Writing LinkedIn Articles That Go Viral
- 7 Mistakes You’re Making with Your LinkedIn Articles (And How to Fix Them)
We also recommend reading How to get more followers on a LinkedIn Company Page.
2. Start with a Hook
Open your article with a compelling hook that immediately draws readers in. Share a thought-provoking quote, an interesting anecdote, or a surprising statistic to pique curiosity and encourage further reading.
You can start your article with “Did you know that LinkedIn articles can generate up to 9x more views than regular posts?”
3. Use Visuals
Incorporate relevant visuals such as images, infographics, or videos to enhance the visual appeal of your article. Visuals not only break up the text but also make the content more engaging and shareable. Visuals can also help you illustrate your points, provide evidence, or evoke emotion in your readers.
Some of the visuals you can use in your LinkedIn articles are:
Images: Use high-quality images that are relevant to your topic and support your message. You can use stock photos, screenshots, graphs, charts, or infographics.
Videos: Use short videos that demonstrate a concept, showcase a case study, or share a testimonial. You can embed videos from YouTube, Vimeo, or other platforms.
Slides: Use slides to present your main points, summarize your key takeaways, or share a framework or a model. You can embed slides from SlideShare, Google Slides, or other platforms.
4. Make it Scannable
Most people don’t read online articles word for word. They scan them for the most relevant or interesting information. That’s why you need to make your LinkedIn articles scannable.
Scannable articles are easier to read, understand, and remember. They also help you keep your readers engaged and interested in your content.
Some ways to make your LinkedIn articles scannable are:
- Use headings and subheadings
- Use bullet points and numbered lists
- Use short paragraphs and sentences. Aim for 3-5 sentences per paragraph and 15-20 words per sentence.
- Use white space to create breathing room for your content, separate different sections or elements, and reduce visual clutter.
We also recommend reading How to Create an Impressive Facebook Business Page that Attracts Prospects.
5. Engage with Questions
Questions are powerful tools for creating compelling LinkedIn articles. They help you engage with your readers, stimulate their curiosity, and invite their feedback. Questions can also help you demonstrate empathy, address objections, or challenge assumptions.
Some ways to use questions in your LinkedIn articles are:
- Use rhetorical questions to make a statement, provoke thought, or create suspense. For example, “What if I told you that you can write a LinkedIn article in less than an hour?”
- Use open-ended questions to encourage discussion, elicit opinions, or solicit feedback. For example, “What are some of the challenges you face when writing LinkedIn articles?”
- Use closed-ended questions to confirm understanding, test knowledge, or offer choices. For example, “Do you see the difference between these two examples?”
6. Use Data and Research
Back your points with credible data and research to add depth and authority to your article. Statistics, case studies, and expert insights lend credibility to your content and make it more valuable to your readers.
Some tips for using data and research in your LinkedIn articles are:
- Use data and research from reputable and authoritative sources, such as academic journals, industry reports, or official websites.
- Use data and research that are relevant to your topic, audience, and purpose.
- Avoid using data and research that are too complex, technical, or jargon-filled for your content.
7. Leverage LinkedIn Features
Take advantage of LinkedIn’s native features, such as hashtags, @mentions, and polls, to expand the reach of your article and increase engagement.
Hashtags: Use relevant hashtags to categorize your content and make it discoverable to a wider audience on LinkedIn.
Mentions: Mention specific users in your posts using @username to grab their attention and encourage interaction.
Polls: Engage your audience by creating polls that encourage participation and provide valuable insights on LinkedIn.
8. Include Call-to-Actions
Guide your readers on the next steps after reading your article. Include clear call-to-actions (CTAs) that prompt them to like, comment, share, or follow your profile. Engaging with your audience through CTAs can foster lasting relationships.
Some tips for using CTAs in your LinkedIn articles are:
- Use clear and specific language that tells your readers exactly what you want them to do, how to do it, and why to do it.
- Use compelling and persuasive language that motivates your readers to take action and shows them the benefits or value of doing so. For example, use “Share this article with your network and help them write better LinkedIn articles” instead of “Share this article if you liked it”.
- Use visible and prominent placement, design, and format for your CTAs to make them stand out and catch the attention of your readers.
9. Collaborate with Influencers
Consider collaborating with influencers or experts in your industry to co-create articles. Partnering with influential figures can attract a larger audience and lend credibility to your content.
Some tips for collaborating with influencers in your LinkedIn articles are:
- Choose influencers that are relevant to your topic, audience, and purpose.
- Reach out to influencers and ask for their permission, collaboration, or contribution. Avoid using influencers’ content without their consent, acknowledgment, or attribution.
- Appreciate influencers and thank them for their time, effort, or input.
We also recommend reading 11 Instagram Tricks to Get New Followers Everyday Without Paying.
Learning how to write a great LinkedIn article involves a strategic blend of informative substance and captivating elements. By incorporating catchy headlines, powerful hooks, visuals, and scannable formats, you can capture your audience’s attention and encourage them to interact with your content. Utilize LinkedIn’s native features, back your points with data, and include clear CTAs to drive traffic and foster meaningful engagement.
Remember, the key to success on LinkedIn lies in providing value, building connections, and nurturing relationships with your readers. So, take a leap into the world of captivating LinkedIn articles and witness your influence and reach grow on this dynamic platform.
Unusual Digital is a team of skilled and dedicated designers who are committed to turning creative concepts into visually captivating and functional designs. Their expertise lies in crafting WordPress websites, ecommerce portals, and blogs that not only look stunning but also drive substantial revenue. With a focus on delivering exceptional user experiences, Unusual Digital is the trusted choice for businesses looking to maximize their online success. Partner with Unusual Digital today and unlock the full potential of your digital presence to drive higher revenues and engage your target audience effectively.