Ever wonder how to get followers on Instagram for free? It’s not as hard as you think, and there are a few tricks out there that will get you, followers, in no time at all. Instagram has become a sizable platform for those looking to share their thoughts and ideas with others. This article will help you find out how to get followers on Instagram that are going to stay with you for the long term.
1. Use Relevant Hashtags:
In order to get new followers on Instagram, you need to use relevant hashtags. By using relevant hashtags, you are more likely to reach people who are interested in what you have to say.
When you will use hashtags keep these points in your mind:
- Make sure that the hashtags you are using are relevant to your content. Example:- suppose your account is about yoga; you can use hashtags like #yogalife, #yogainspiration, #yogatime, #yogaposes, etc. Don’t sneak hashtags like #followforfollow in between those.
- Don’t use too many hashtags. Using too many hashtags can make your content seem spammy and will turn people off from following you. Around 3-5 relevant hashtags are ideal.
- Don’t use generic hashtags such as #instagood or #followme. These types of hashtags are not very specific and will not help you attract new followers who are interested in your content.
- To add uniqueness to your post use brand hashtags. A brand hashtag is a unique hashtag that you can use to tie together key aspects of your company. Often, this includes your products, events, or slogan. Examples: #ShareACoke by Coca-Cola, #OpenYourWorld by Heineken.
- Kicksta, Flick, and SISTRIX are the tools that will help you to decide on which hashtags to use for every particular post.
2. Analyze the best time to post:
By understanding the ins and outs of the platform, you can determine what time works best for you and your business. For example- entertainment-related content gets the most reactions before and after office hours.
- When you first start using Instagram, take a look at your analytics to see when your followers are most active. This will give you a good idea of when to post content in order to reach the most people.
How to do it:
You can access your analytics by going to your profile and tapping on the three dots in the top right corner.
- Once you have an idea of when your followers are most active, experiment with different posting times to see what kind of post is suitable for what time to get the most engagement.
- If you find that you’re struggling to post at the best times, there are some great scheduling tools out there that can help (such as Later or Hootsuite). This way, you can plan out your content in advance and make sure that it goes live when your followers are most likely to be online.
- When people usually wake up or have lunch break they scroll through social media. So posting around 7-8 am and 11 am-1 pm would give you the highest engagement.
3. Focus on captions:
Your caption is the text that accompanies your photo, and it’s an important part of your overall post. A good caption can help you get more engagement, which can lead to getting followers.
Here are some tips for writing great captions:
- Keep it short and sweet. Your caption should be concise and to the point. Longer captions tend to get less engagement because people lose interest before they get to the end. Again taking yoga as an example, a good short caption can be, “just breath and let go”. But when you want to reach your audience on an emotional level you only have captions to educate your audience about how valuable your product or service is you can use long captions. When it comes to an explanatory topic, long captions will provide you with more clarity as adding links are hard on Instagram.
- Use emojis. Emojis are a great way to add personality to your caption and make it more visually appealing. They can also help break up long paragraphs of text so that people are more likely to read them.
- Ask a question in the caption. People will be more likely to comment if you give them something specific to respond to. Example – What is your preferred time for yoga?
- Use @ mentions wisely. If you mention another user in your caption, they’ll get a notification about it, which could lead them to check out your account and possibly follow
Recommended Read: How to Create an Impressive Instagram Profile Account
4. Host a Giveaway:
Hosting a giveaway on Instagram is an easy, free and great way to engage your target users. Just follow these simple steps:
- Come up with a prize. This can be anything from a product or service you offer. Personal brands and individuals can use giveaways to their advantage; For example, a fashion blogger can offer a free dress to one lucky follower, a fitness influencer gave away a year’s worth of protein powder, or an author can give away five signed copies of her latest book.
- Create an image for your giveaway. Be sure to include all the relevant details like what the prize is and how to enter.
- Post the image on your Instagram account and include instructions on how to enter the giveaway in the caption. For example, you might say something like, “Like this photo and tag 3 friends in the comments for a chance to win!”
- Make sure to promote your giveaway! Share it on your other social media channels and tell your friends and followers about it. The more people who know about it, the better your chances of getting lots of entries.
- When the giveaway is over, randomly select a winner and announce it on your Instagram account. Be sure to tag the lucky winner in your post so they don’t miss it!
5. Use Location Tags:
Using location tags is a smart move to get more engagement and which will lead to more followers. Your photo will appear in that location’s photos feed when you use a location tag. And when people search for that location, your photo will come up.
6. Give Shoutouts:
When you give shoutouts, you’re essentially promoting someone else’s content to your followers. This is a wise way to get new followers because it shows that you’re willing to share other people’s content. Plus, if they like what they see, they’re likely to follow you back.
To give a shoutout, just mention the person or account you want to promote in your caption, and include a link to their account. For example:
“Check out this great blog post by @jessica!”
“I love these photos by @sarah!”
7. Leverage User-Generated Content:
By leveraging the content that your users are already creating, you can save yourself time and money while still growing your following.
There are a few different ways that you can go about leveraging user-generated content:
- Simply repost it on your own account. Make sure to give credit to the original creator, and be sure to only repost content that is high-quality and on-brand for your business.
- You can also use user-generated content as a way to connect with potential customers and followers. By responding to comments and questions left on your posts, you show that you are active and engaged with your audience. This can help attract new followers who see you as a business that cares about its customers.
8. Follow target users:
This means finding people who are likely to be interested in your content and following them.
- You can find target users by searching for keywords related to your niche, or by looking at the followers of similar accounts to yours. Once you’ve found some potential target users, take a look at their content to see if they’re active and engaging with their audience. If they are, then there’s a good chance they’ll be interested in following you back.
- When you start following target users, make sure to interact with their content so that they see your name and profile. Like and comment on their posts, and even share some of their content on your own page. This will help you get on their radar and increase the chances that they’ll follow you back.
Recommended Read: The Perfect Basic Social Media Strategy for Your Startup
9. Conduct challenges or polls on content-related topics:
Conducting challenges or polls on content-related topics shows that you are active and engaged with your audience, and it gives them a chance to participate in something that they are interested in.
How to do it?
- Come up with a challenge or poll that would be relevant to your niche. For example, if you are a travel blogger, you could ask your followers to share their favorite travel photos. If you are a fashion blogger, you could ask your followers to vote on their favorite outfit of the day.
- Once you have decided on a challenge or poll, post it on your Instagram account and make sure to tag a few friends who might be interested in participating. In the caption, tell your followers how many participants you need and how long the challenge or poll will last. For example, “I need 10 participants for my #favoriteoutfitpoll! It will run for 24 hours starting now!”
If you don’t get enough participants within the time frame that you set, don’t worry – just try again next time! And remember, the more creative and engaging your challenge or poll is, the more likely people will be to participate.
10. Linking the Instagram link with other social media accounts or websites:
Link your account with other social media accounts. This will help create a larger network for potential new followers to discover you. Additionally, be sure to include links to your Instagram account on your website or blog so that visitors can easily find and follow you.
11. Collaborate with others:
This means reaching out to other users and businesses in your niche and working together to create content that will appeal to both of your audiences.
For example, you could team up with another user to create a joint giveaway contest. Or, you could collaborate with a business to create an Instagram contest where the prize is one of their products or services. Whatever you do, just make sure that you are both promoting the collaboration heavily to each of your audiences.
If you can successfully collaborate with others, then you will not only get new followers but also build strong relationships with other users and businesses in your niche. These relationships can be extremely valuable down the line, so don’t underestimate the power of collaboration!
There you have it — 11 great Instagram tricks to get new followers every day with consistency and without paying a dime. Give these methods a try and see how quickly your follower count grows. And, as always, let us know in the comments below if you have any questions or additional tips to share. We can’t wait to hear from you!